Call for Papers
CEMSupra 2024 will provide you with a valuable opportunity to present your research in front of the distinguished invited lecturers, RIKEN CEMS researchers and the broad audience who are interested in the forefront research on supramolecular chemistry and functional materials.
CEMS Rising Star Award will be given to the best poster presentations during the symposium.
You are cordially invited to submit your paper. If you wish to submit, please prepare your abstract in English and send them via the designated email address no later than December 6, 2023.
[Notice for RIKEN presenters] Security export control screening for poster presentations by RIKEN members will be handled by the Secretariat of CEMSupra2024, so individual applications are not required. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Process for Abstract Submission
(1) Finish the Registeration for CEMSupra 2024 from here. Make sure to check "Yes" for the application to the poster presentation at the end. You can also apply for CEMS Rising Star Award (poster award) upon registration.
(2) Download the Abstract Template file from here.
(3) Prepare your abstracts following the guidelines below.
(4) Convert your abstract into PDF file.
(5) Read the checklist before submission.
(6) Submit the PDF file from the link below no later than December 6, 2023.
The abstract should be submitted as a PDF file.
It should not exceed one A4 (210 x 297 mm) sheet, with the following margins: top 20 mm, bottom 25 mm, left 25 mm and right 25 mm. Use the text fonts of this template. The abstract book will be printed in color. Do not use macros.
You can download Template of abstract from the URL below.
Font size 12 bold and centered. Leave a line after the title.
Font size 10, bold, the presenting author underlined. Leave a line after the authors.
In italic with font size 10 and justified. The e-mail address is optional. Leave two lines after the affiliation.
Font size 10, justified with single space between lines. Do not insert page numbers.
The insertion of figures, charts, schemes, etc, should be made as “Picture” and “in line with text”. The figures letter size should be ≥ 8 pt. The caption for the figures should be as follows: Fig. 1- Use font size 9.
Leave a line before and after the table and the figure, respectively. Tables are also preferred to be inserted as a “Picture”.
The references should appear in the text as superscript 1,2 and must be placed at the end of the document (font size 10) according to the model in the template file. Do not write the word "references", and leave a blank line before the first reference.
24:00 (JST), December 6, 2023
Once you write the abstract in Word file, please check the following points before submission.
- Your abstract is converted into PDF file (1 page).
- Confirm that your abstract has been approved by all the authors.
- Use the template form to prepare the abstract and follow the submission instructions.
- All the authors permit the Organizer to publish conference publications such as abstract book.
To revise your submission:
If you wish to revise an already submitted paper, please send your revised abstract via the email address appointed. You need to change the name of the file and add the date you submit to notify which file is new one, for example, (Title)-rev.1031.pdf.
Instructions for Poster Presenters
Posters will be displayed in the Multi-purpose room on the B2 floor of the Ito Hall.
Each poster board is identified by a number corresponding to the list in the abstract book.
Size of poster board is 90 cm wide by 210 cm high portrait style.
Please mount your poster on 9th on your arrival.
For mounting, please use materials available at the venue.
Poster boards are available on 9th and 10th.
Core presentation time is scheduled in the evening of 9th.
Extended poster session for those who want to have extra disuccsions over the posters is scheduled in the afternoon of 10th.
Kindly remove your poster after the extended poster session on 10th.
The organizer will remove posters left at the venue and they shall not be returned.
The organizers of the symposium are delighted to awarding "CEMS Rising Star Award" for the best and most interesting posters. The poster presenters can apply for the award upon the registration. The award will be presented in the Closing Remarks on January 19th.
As of September 1, 2023
Without an applicant's consent, we will not use such information for the purposes other than operating and managing CEMSupra2024, responding to inquiries from applicants, offering the symposium information to the applicants, and sending the information on the future CEMSupra symposium.
In addition to the purposes listed above, personal information may be used or disclosed in the following cases:
1. When required by laws and regulations.
2. When consent has been obtained from the owner of the information.
3. When all or part of the management of the personal information is commissioned to external subcontractors within a required range in order to achieve purposes of CEMSupra 2024. The personal information protection standards of potential subcontractors shall be investigated in advance, and only those meeting CEMSupra 2024's criteria shall be selected as subcontractors. Examples of subcontracting include the commissioning of distribution of information on CEMSupra 2024.
- Information Management
CEMSupra 2024 shall specify and adhere to appropriate personal information management rules in order to prevent any leakage, loss, or interference with registered personal information.
Contact Information of the Secretariat Office managing the personal information
c/o RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science